Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Catch Up - My Little Piece of the Country

On May 20th, I picked my daughter up from preschool
and we decided to grab some lunch at Sonic
and drive out to "the country".
After shopping at some of the vintage shops on Main Street,
I noticed a For Rent sign in the window of one of the buildings.
(It was literally staring me in the face as I was parked right in front of it!)

It was a very small building, but seemed to be the perfect size
for me to start out on my own,
breaking away from the co-op Antique Store 
that I'd been a part of for 4 years.
I called the number listed on the sign and the rest is history...

In less than 2 weeks, I found myself moving in to what is now
"my little piece of the country".

 I officially opened the shop on June 16th and
it's been a work in progress ever since.
I admit that it's been somewhat complicated
trying to figure out the logistics of it all
(shop hours mainly since I'm a stay-at-home mom
whose daughter is out of school for the Summer).

For the first month, I tracked my customer traffic and sales to get a better idea of what days I should and shouldn't be open.
 I had to create a plan
that would allow me to run my own brick and mortar,
but also still be able to keep up with housework
and spend time with my 5-year-old daughter.
The result (as of now) is that we are only open 3 days a week.
I'll add a day to that once she starts school next month,
but for now I am very happy with the way things are.
Having the other 4 days off
gives me time to work on my online shops,
spend time with my daughter, and get some housework done (HA!).
 My inventory is multiplying daily and
soon I hope to have the shop completely filled and
set up the way I have always envisioned it.
So there you have it...
the reason why I've been absent from the world of blogging for a while.
I'm hoping to blog more and
work on my online shops more in the coming months,
so that I can finally be caught up and
have life back to "normal"!
I hope you're all having a nice summer!
If you're in town, stop by to see me!
I'm at 286 Main Street in Elizabeth, CO.
(next to the 1897 House).

Hanging behind the Register in the new shop...

Until next time...
~Destiny


8 comments:

  1. Your shop looks so beautiful! I hope we can stop if we are in the neighborhood on our next Colorado trip. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! Would love to have you visit! Enjoy the rest of your Summer!

      Delete
  2. Wow! So proud of you! I love the look of the store, your products......everything! Congratulations! Maybe I will make it over the mountain to your side one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the items in your store. Great quote form Andy Griffith, and how true. When I was young I did always think I would be, funny of it changes as you age. Its kind of the same thing with my children. 2 out of 3 are in their 20's. They now are at the spot in their lives where they think they will always be young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Destiny! I need to come and see your new shop! What days are you open now? You know I love your style! :)

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shanon, I'm open on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday from 11-4. I'm a straight shot out (30 min.) from the Barn, so stop and see me on your next shopping day!!

      Delete
  5. Hello, I`m Bettina Form Germany. I startend blogging a few weeks ago. I like your blog. It contains a lot oft vintage and beautiful decoration. It's a pity that I can't visit your shop.
    Greetings
    Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Thank you for taking the time to comment!